“This is why I completely ignore Google Analytics – hate hate hate them”
– from a blogger who puts on blogging conferences and runs blogging forums and has coined herself as an expert
“I’ve never worried about my numbers, but when the time comes that I can devote myself to bring my blog to a professional level, I am ready”
– from a blogger who does sponsored posts and was paid to put on a seminar on How to Write a Business Plan For Your Blog
“Does anyone know where to find this info on Google Analytics? and to to find how many unique visitors did your last sponsored post receive?”
– from a blogger that does several sponsored posts for several years
“Is Gmail and Google Mail one and the same?”
– this quote isn’t from a blogger but a tech savvy gamer, it made my eyes rolls so I had to add it to this list of tech savvy stupidity.
Ok what tool do you suggest for google analytics?
– from a seasoned blogger who was seeking advice on how to open her google analytics and read it – maybe use your eyes if you consider them tools.
“I just got off the phone with an old client (finished their site two years ago, and they’ve had it up and running, adding new posts weekly ever since). They were unfun to work with, so I didn’t keep them on as maintenance clients. But I sent them off with a manual full of step-by-step pictures of every aspect of managing their site, and how to access everything in their hosting account if they needed to (tl;dr, apparently). They were calling to find out why I didn’t include a database with their website. Their “IT” guy said that you can’t have a WordPress site without a database (agreed). So the site I gave them must not be legit because he can’t find the database.
I asked if he’d logged into the hosting account and looked in phpMyAdmin. He said WordPress isn’t written in PHP, so it won’t be there. Then I’m stumped. smile emoticon”
– saw this in a WordPress FB group. It wasn’t a blogger but a clueless IT guy who said something dumb regarding the technical side of a blog.